WHAT WE DO
Comprehensive wedding & event planning, management & styling in locations wherever your love takes us.
HOW WE DO IT
With mellow attitudes & engaging personalities. We believe in giving you an unforgettable wedding experience. This means an exciting engagement, a stress-free planning process, and a seamlessly executed wedding day.
WHY WE DO IT
It's pretty simple. We're passionate about people & experiences, love & happiness.
WHO WE ARE
owner | principal planner
- Home Base: Currently in Denver, but Wisconsin will always be home.
- Background: It all started with a mother whose main goal in life is to bring people together with creativity, food and love. Design, social events and hospitality are in my nature. I've traveled abroad to study interior architecture, graduated with a degree in Technical Communication and started working in the wedding industry as an Associate Planner in Milwaukee with a nationally recognized company. From Milwaukee, I moved to New Orleans with my (now) husband where I continued as an associate wedding planner with another nationally recognized company, for a couple of years. After relocating to Denver, this business venture - MKSocial - began! With a strong connection to the Midwest, my business and time are split between Colorado and Wisconsin.
- Personal Style: My style is to go with the flow, with everything. I like my clothes easy & comfy and my home modern & cozy.
- Zodiac: Pisces - the compassionate, intuitive, artistic, yet slightly obsessive type. My mind is a constant spinning wheel of ideas & dreams.
- Loves: Other people’s happiness, making “it” happen, my close relationships, airports, color nail polish, anything mini, (literally) all food, the lake, night driving, stubby-legged, long-eared dogs and big dark rainstorms.
- Pet Peeves: Bad drivers, poor manners and dishes in the sink. Not much else!
- Why You Love Your Work: For me, weddings are about the people, the personalities, the stories, the relationships - these are the most important pieces of your big day! Sure, I love the creative aspect of wedding planning - it’s what makes your wedding distinctly you. But, when all is said & done, I’m a firm believer that the details are what make your wedding fun, but the people who who make it memorable.
- Home Base: I was born and raised in Appleton, Wisconsin! I started school at Columbia College Chicago but wanting to be closer to family, I made the move to Denver, Colorado where I now live while I finish my final two semesters at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
- Background: I have been in Wedding Coordination for four years, starting out in Milwaukee and now in Denver while simultaneously working towards my BA in Hospitality and Events Management. Once I am finished with school in December of 2017, I will be pursuing Events Management full time!
- Style: Although I am happy to work with every bride’s personal style, I am more on the feminine-tom-boy end of the spectrum. I like working with mixed, natural materials, soft color palettes, and nature inspired themes. I thrive on being connected with the outdoors and love bringing this into my work as much as possible.
- Zodiac: I am the DEFINITION of a Virgo. I am organized, clean, detail oriented, but most of all, born to serve. My purpose in life is to make others happy and I promise to do whatever necessary to ensure that happens. I’d like to think of myself as a real life Leslie Knope mixed.
- Loves: Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica
- Favorite Quote: “Sometimes you’ve gotta work a little to ball a lot” - Tom Haverford
- Why You Love Your Work: As far as events go, weddings are some of the most rewarding ones you can plan. Every time a bride walks down the aisle, I witness a couple’s first kiss or dance, the tears of joy throughout the day, my heart is warmed knowing I was able to play a part in one of the most special days in their lives. My team is known to poke fun at the amount of times I cry during the day… what can I say? I love love!
marketing intern | associate planner
- Home Base: I was born and raised in West Bend, WI and for the next few years of school I'll be bouncing between there and Minneapolis, MN.
- Background: Last year I went to Marquette University and was in the College of Nursing. Now I attend the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities and am in the College of Liberal Arts, majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Management.
- Zodiac: Pisces - extremely compassionate, intuitive, and emotional!
- Loves: Traveling, minimalism, ice cream, trying new things, dogs, mountain and water landscapes, babies, food.
- Favorite Season: Fall, for sure! Especially in the Midwest, it’s the most perfect time of the year: weather that's not too hot or too cold, Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall clothes, beautiful scenery, football games... the list goes on!
- Favorite Vacation: My trips to Peru and Spain in high school. I was fortunate enough to go with our Spanish classes over spring breaks, Peru during my sophomore year and Spain during my senior year. It’s incredible being in a totally new culture, speaking a language I wasn't exactly comfortable in, eating new foods, meeting new people and seeing places that were too beautiful for words!
- Why You Love Your Work: I am a huge planner of everything I do and simply put, I love love! That's why I decided to check out the wedding planning business. I’m so excited to be a part of so many people's special days, to really get to know the couple and help them execute the wedding of their dreams.